Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rajesh Khanna

It was 2:30 pm on 18 July 2012, Wednesday working in my office and there comes a pop-up on my screen. It’s a ‘Hi’ from my uncle (mama). I was not as busier as other days in my work and hence started chatting with him and more over he is one of the closest person in my life and I don't hesitate to stop my work little bit for him.

After few minutes I typed ‘Rajesh Khanna is no more’ and he replied…. ‘What a shocking news, really??? I am his fan.’ And I could feel the stubbed silence from other side. The silence said it all. My uncle is such a huge fan of Rajesh khanna. Back home in his collections were numerous audio cassettes of Rajesh Khanna, all the nostalgic music of his films. During my childhood days I used to listen to these songs and sing along when we visited his place.
Today when he heard the news from me, he felt that he has lost one of his family members and that is the emotional thread what my mama shared with legendary Rajesh Khanna.
We remembered the famous dialogue from Rajesh Khanna where he plays a role of a person who is suffering from blood cancer and wants to live through is rest of the life in a lively manner and believed that the ‘Life has to be bigger and not, longer’.
The dialogue goes this way
{ Babu Mushay........... Jahanpana.... Zindagi ki dor upar wale ki haath main hain. Hum sab is rangmanch ki katputaliyaan hain. Kaun, kab aur kaise upar utega yeh koi nahin janta. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha } in Hindi.
….. and the translation goes this way
Babu Mushay…. Respected Sir…. The control of everybody’s life is in God’s hand. We are just the puppets on this stage of life. Nobody knows… who, when and how each individual dies….. and….. (laugh).
This dialogue has nostalgic effect on almost all the people in India. Girls believed he was one of the most handsome actor in film industry and believed have crush on him at some point of their life.
People till today stop by the TV channel in which Rajesh Khanna is shown and feel cherished to see him.
Its indeed a great loss to film industry and I dedicate this blog to my mama who is still depressed and mourning for the loss of his Idol.

2 comments:

Narasimha Vaidya said...

just at this moment I pray to god "May Rajesh's soul rest in peace."

AJEYA RAO said...

Hello Mahesh. Glad to know you returned to blogging. I loved the songs with Kishore-Rajesh khanna combinations too. Kishore's voice matched well with Rajesh Khanna. I recollect my aunt's reaction to deaths of Vishnuvardhan or Rajkumar. She was sad because they were her favorite actor and she had respect for their work. THose days were different but still i am sure we shall feel the same someday too.